?71 Johnson 60 HP any one installed a ?113-7123 - Amplifier, Battery Power Pack?

Dipphoto

Cadet
I have a 1971 johnson 60 HP.... very new to boating. Not a mechanic. I have called 8 places and they won?t work on the Motor as it?s ?to old?.
So the Power pack went back. I got the CDI version of it. But it also came with a coil (?).... does any one have a photo that you can share of your power pack??? Is the blue or red wire suppose to go to this coil? I can?t find any help. Anything be great!!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

What, no instructions with it? CDI changed several things from the original. Original setup had blue wire going to coil. I can't answer on other issues. Might have to call CDI

I assume you properly diagnosed the system before buying a new amplifier.

Here is the original diagram

Attachments

• photo262775.jpg
    photo262775.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 11

Dipphoto

Cadet
My brother had said it was the part under the fly wheel. But poking around the motor I saw the 3 wires were all bare coming out of the pack. 1 wire broke and fell apart. So I knew the power pack is the 1st major issue. All I get from CDI was have a mechanic install it. I just found a paper on their website that tells you what each wire kind of is... sounds like blue goes to the new coil pack... thanks for the image!
The paper that came with the device is confusing as there are 2 parts and both say CDI on them. This photo helps a lot!! Thank you.

Last edited: