2006 115hp Evinrude head gasket part number?

epetes

Cadet
Can anyone provide me with the part number for the head gasket for an Evinrude 115 HP 2006 E-tec? Every catalog I look at just shows the powerhead gasket set which contains way more than I need and judging from the one picture I have seen of it, doesn't even have the head gasket.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
(EDIT: ^^^ rothfm beat me to it.. lol)

Nowhere near an expert here, but when I looked it up trying to find an answer for you....
​I was a little surprised to find it seems there isn't a "Head Gasket" as one might expect.

​It would seem based on the diagram that there are O-Rings that go under the cylinder head..
​(#33 in the diagram here: http://www.iboats.com/Cylinder-Crank...iew_id.1555185 )

​Diagram makes it look like there are grooves in the head that the O-Ring sits in and that's the seal..

I've never seen that before, but that's what it looks like to me..
​Maybe some more research on that would be in order to find out what "Kind" of head gasket is needed?

​Going to follow this one, as I'm interested now too! lol

​For what it's worth...

175se

Petty Officer 1st Class
Post #2 is giving you the correct info, you should be following the manual ( theres a bit more to do besides the O rings). The note says inc in gasket set,,but also available by themselves.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
They have used o-rings instead of head gaskets for some 20 years already !!----Not all models.

epetes

Cadet
Ah, o-rings. Now I see why I couldn't find it. It also explains why I only have water on one plug and not both. I just ordered 2 and will order any other seals or gaskets as needed. I have the manual so I'll follow it as I go. I'm waiting to finally get a weekend that isn't 50 and raining the entire time to go pull it out of the water for the season and change it in my driveway.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
The orings don't fail on these motors......which cylinder as these blocks leak.