1957 35 hp rde-19 single fuel line conversion

BlackoutBill21

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know this question has been answered at length, but I'm having problems finding exactly how to route the fuel lines.

I was looking for pictures and can't seem to find any. The new fuel pump has a plastic large diameter nipple and a brass nipple. I know I have to plug one of the intake manifold nipples but I'm not sure which one.

There is also a line that connects to some gizmo that I'm not sure what even is. If someone has pictures or a diagram that could help me that would be excellent

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
The "gizmo" is an ignition interrupt to prevent runaway. It is separate from any fuel system bits. It gets its pressure feed off the front of the intake manifold.

A proper conversion on the 35 just needs the large hole in the intake port cover drilled out, and the two smaller ones tapped for the fuel pump to mount. The rest of the plumbing is fuel in and fuel out. You can clamp a stopped up bit of hose to the intake manifold pressure nipple to close that off, or more elegantly pull the nipple out and tap the hole for a bolt to plug it off. The pressure nipple is the one in the lower quadrant, pointed off to the side.

BlackoutBill21

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok. Thanks. Yeah I've already drilled and tapped I just have no idea which is the fuel inlet and outlet and which hose goes to what.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
In and out is easy enough to determine. There are check valves in the pump that only allow fuel (or air) to go one way. If you blow into the "IN" nub, you'll get air out the other. If you blow in and nothing happens, you'll know that's the OUT side.