1994 150 Evinrude Intruder - No Power

Aml152

Recruit
Hey Guys. First time posting on iBoats, looking for some advice. I have a 94 Evinrude Intruder 150 pushing my Stratos 285. In early 2004 I had the issue with the "glue seam" coming apart and getting water in the cylinders. Several weeks and dollars later that problem was fixed by replacing the powerhead with one from a 175 Intruder.

Correcting that problem created a new one, however. Currently the motor is sluggish to get on plane and will die if put under a heavy load (from idle to WOT or loading onto the trailer). Once it finally drags itself out of the hole, it tops out RPM's around 4k.

I have discovered that on takeoff if I press the choke in, the RPM's will increase by approximately 500 and will jump on plane almost immediately. So I am unsure if I have a Carb problem, fuel flow problem, timing, or something completely different.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Aml152

Recruit
Thanks. That was one of the items on the "to-do list" just didn't want to start blowing money on parts I didn't need. Do you have any suggestions on how to check the sync and linkage on the carbs? I have never messed with anything like that,