FDL-14 Johnson starter conversion

walbert52

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1960 18 hp manual start I would like to convert to electric start and remote steering because of health problems. I would like to know what year span and horsepower span of Johnson & Evinrude motors that I can get the starter mounting bracket and starter from???? Also for the electric choke mounting bracket and plunger???? As far the remote steering I will use a old cable and drum setup but I need the bracket that hold the throttle and shift cables, I do have the Johnson type of controls but the cables. Thank you all for any help and information:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Fact-----Only a starter and bracket from a 22 cubic inch motor 18 / 20 / 25 hp can be used.----Made from 57 to 76 years.

RCO

Petty Officer 1st Class
The throttle and shift cable retainers are the same for all OMC motors up to the mid-70's. You should be able to get them on eBay or one of the outboard salvage yards for a few bucks. The starter bracket is going to harder to find, and they usually bring a premium. Your float bowl might already have the tapped holes for the choke solenoid strap- I know my 62 Fastwin does.