1957 Evinrude Fastwin 10 HP fuel line conversion

gator1734

Recruit
I have a 1957 Evinrude 10 hp (I have a 5.5 hp also). I am converting it to a single line fuel system, and I have bought the fuel pumps and stuff I need to do it. My question is, when I am looking at the front of the engine, which side do I need to block, and do I need to split the manifold plates to do it? How do I become "authorized" to post pics?

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Welcome!

Basic procedure on the 10 is to cut and plug the hose used to pressure the tank. I believe you also need to remove the check valve on the reed plate. Drill one of the bypass covers for a pulse source. Replace the old dual line fuel connector, and mount the pump using new fuel hoses. Do a search on pump conversion -- number of YouTubes out there as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtG4M7ye1N8

(probably need some additional posts before posting pics.)

gator1734

Recruit
All of the videos I watched used a fuel line plug pushed into one of the holes under the check valve. I was wondering if it matters which hole you plug. I have bought the fuel pump and fuel line connectors, so I will just plug the line and go from there, Thanks!