Evinrude bj25eerr won't run art full rpm

Firefox86

Cadet
Hello my evinrude has fuel problems . It won't run at high rpm when I drive the boat. The engine slowly dies like it's not getting any gasoline .

When I turn the red level on the primer solenoid to manual the motor runs great on high rpms and i can use ful throttle. But it dies when I turn the throttle down.

The carburetor I cleaned . The fuelhoses are new and the fuel pump Is new. What could be the problem ?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Possibly you overlooked the brass high speed jet that lays horizontal in the bottom center of the float chamber... way in back of the drain screw. Solvent and air pressure just doesn't do that job properly... and fuel (In quantity) must flow through that jet before it can flow through the other passageways.

Clean that jet carefully with a piece of single strand steel wire.

Firefox86

Cadet
The high speed jet is cleaned It wasn't any dirt there. But I did not clean it with a steel wire. Maby that's the problem . What else can it be? If it's not the high speed jet . The carburetor was very clean and I didn't see any dirt and the other jets looked clean

racerone

Supreme Mariner
But turning the red lever puts gas into the motor.---This gas bypasses the carburetor.---That clearly indicates that you have a blockage / issues in the carburetor.

Firefox86

Cadet
Oki I'm gonna take the carburetor down again and check it thuruly. It's what you say it's clearly something wrong/ blocked in the carburetor.
but i have had it cleaned with ultrasound wash perhaps it didint cleaned it al

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
The high speed jet is cleaned It wasn't any dirt there. But I did not clean it with a steel wire. Maby that's the problem . What else can it be? If it's not the high speed jet . The carburetor was very clean and I didn't see any dirt and the other jets looked clean

Just to be sure we're on the same page... the high speed jet is screwed into the float chamber via 1/4x20 threads straight through the drain screw threads until it seats itself in the middle of the float chamber. Is this also what you're speaking of?

Firefox86

Cadet
I think I found the problem in the carburetor. The float was in wrong position Upside down.
The owner before me must have insert it in wrong position. So I hope my problem is fixed now

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
I think I found the problem in the carburetor. The float was in wrong position Upside down.
The owner before me must have insert it in wrong position. So I hope my problem is fixed now

Yeah, that would do it! :)