1981 175 V6 Evinrude

TV3141

Cadet
Hello,
I am replacing the transom on my 1981 Glastron boat and need to lift the motor off of the transom. Where are the proper connecting points?

interalian

Commander
There should be a lifting loop on the top of the motor, but the best way is an harmonic balancer puller bolted to the flywheel. This puts the center of gravity right for the lift. Just bolt the puller to the flywheel without loosening the nut. Snug the puller bolt to the crank divot. Wrap a chain through the puller and hoist away.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Hello,
I am replacing the transom on my 1981 Glastron boat and need to lift the motor off of the transom. Where are the proper connecting points?

The proper lifting points are to attach a lifting ring to the three threaded holes surrounding the flywheel nut. Available at your dealership

396748a_LIFTING-EYE_AND%20ADAPTER_zpsweabqvla.jpg

Last edited:

TV3141

Cadet
Thank you Joe. I didn't see any threaded holes on top of the flywheel. Is it possible the flywheel needs to be removed?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Thank you Joe. I didn't see any threaded holes on top of the flywheel. Is it possible the flywheel needs to be removed?

The 1981 175hp Evinrude that you stated should have the three threaded holes surrounding the flywheel nut, however the underside of that tool has the corresponding threads to coincide with the crankshaft threads..... tool simply screws onto crankshaft.

If you decide to purchase that tool, before purchasing, get your best price, then let me know the total.... price, tax, shipping.

TV3141

Cadet
No Title

Joe,
I found the three holes in the top of the flywheel as you suggested. I was able to make a lifting bracket at work. It works well. Thank you for responding to my question. Now I can continue on my project of replacing the rotted transom. Again, THANK YOU!

Attachments

• photo268777.jpg
    photo268777.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0