Evinrude Sportwin 10hp

TylerSchon

Cadet
I am wondering how much it woukd cost to get the carb adjusted. I am looking to buy one that runs but needs a carb adjustment and I don't know how much that would cost.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If that is what the seller is saying I might be skeptical.----------The adjustments are right there and elegantly simple to do.-----Take the time to learn that " no money spent " procedure.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
In my opinion these are nice motors.------However few shops will work on them.-----If you have to run to a shop for every little problem you should look for a modern motor.--------leroysramblings-----Might be a good site to visit for you.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Carb adjustment is an owner/operator procedure done on a boat, on the lake. Unless somebody has totally screwed it up. In that case you begin with 1-1/2 turns out from lightly seated on the slow speed needle and 3/4 turns out on the high speed needle.

I figure when you buy something like that, assume there is something wrong with it. The game is to figure out what that something is. I also figure the guy's statement about adjustment, along with $1.69 + tax will buy you a small cup of coffee at the corner gas station.,

lindy46

Captain
I wouldn't buy anything without first checking compression. That costs nothing if you borrow a compression tester from a local auto parts store. If compression is good, a carb cleaning and a rebuild kit will run about $30 (with a new float) if you do it yourself.