plate unknown from lower unit

oldfe

Cadet
This plate fell out when I removed extension on lower unit to fix water pump, Water pump grommet improperly installed, First where does plate go? second small rubber O ring does it fit on drive shaft last item, Kit had 3 grommets How do I decide which one to use? the previous one was installed from inside of water pump and was chewed up. age has got to me, am ex Flight engineer and held a merchant marine masters rating but at 86 things do not make it.so easy to figure out.Thanks all.

Attachments

• photo266017.JPG
    photo266017.JPG
    359.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Looks to me like an exhaust baffle.

To know for sure and to put it back in the right place, we need the model number of the engine.
(which will tell the displacement and year and which version if they had more than one that year)

With the model number we can link the exploded view parts diagrams for your particular engine. That guarantees you get the right information.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
This plate fell out when I removed extension on lower unit to fix water pump, Water pump grommet improperly installed, First where does plate go? second small rubber O ring does it fit on drive shaft last item, Kit had 3 grommets How do I decide which one to use? the previous one was installed from inside of water pump and was chewed up. age has got to me, am ex Flight engineer and held a merchant marine masters rating but at 86 things do not make it.so easy to figure out.Thanks all.
From a 1978 15 hp ?

If so it's the exhaust housing baffle # 2 ( bottom LH corner) in this parts diagram

convert

oldfe

Cadet
sorry model #15855B serial #Eooo1517 1978 15hp with long shaft adapter