89 tracker johnson 25 hp. no spark

ozarkrivers

Seaman Apprentice
Have a 89 johnob 25 tracker.. Shut down out of nowhere. Has great comp. Getting fuel. But no spark. Got it home. Noticed that the bracket under flywheel. That im assuming holds the stator/powerpack is loose and there is metal shaving around it . any ideas or thoughts. Have not pulled apart yet.

ozarkrivers

Seaman Apprentice
Ya thats the part. Thanks for the response. I didnt clearify earlier that there are screw you can see have backed out. But im not ruling out that the bushing/bearing may be broken. Do you thunk it may be salvagable or probably replace the whole thing.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
would try to reassemble and tighten down first (may have bee assembled loose). Not much choice if the bearing is broken, but part is available.

ozarkrivers

Seaman Apprentice
I really appreciate the advice ill do what i can when i get back from Mississippi

ozarkrivers

Seaman Apprentice
well. Pulled the flywheel. Stator. Plate and wiring was chewed up. The power pack had cam apart and shredded everything in there. Upper crank bearing is bad also. So that being said. I have a 1976 35 hp. That has a borderline bad lower unit. Will the 35 power head swap over to the 25 mid and lower? Theyvare both thru prop exhaust. Same cowling. Similar lowers. But the 25 hp is just much nicer shape. Minus power head.

ozarkrivers

Seaman Apprentice
So... Spent the day working on the 25 and 35... The 35 power head is now on the 25 mid and lower... Only thing was i had to take off the shift lever postion lock on the 35. So i now have a way better lower unit than the 76 35 horses original lower.