Electrical Issue with 94' Johnson 70 HP

tmcaulif

Recruit
Hoping for some input on my '94 Johnson 70 HP.

Last night after being out on the lake for a few hours I put my boat onto my trailer and tried to trim up the motor, nothing, tried cranking it, again nothing. No power at all to the outboard. I still had power to all the accessories, and my kicker motor would crank and start.

After quite a bit of head scratching I decided to pull the boat up onto land and manual tilt up the engine so I could get the boat home. After unscrewing the manual tilt release and lifting the motor onto my transom saver I checked the trim again and voila it worked as though nothing had happened. The motor had been running fine up to this moment and I've never lost power like this before. Once I got home I tried to replicate the problem but everything worked as it should. I'm just nervous now that this is some sort of intermittent electrical gremlin that will just pop up every once in a while.

Has anyone ever encountered an issue similar to this? I'm thinking it might have just been a loose connection but I'm complete novice when it comes to electrical.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Tom

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Check your battery cables at the battery and at the motor.-------Sounds like a looose connection.