Shift rod help

Ryan.schwall

Cadet
Have a 1988 Evinrude 150, can someone please tell me what the shift rod height is supposed to be.

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Ryan they will need the model number it usually is on the motor mounting bracket be like E150 then some letters have a good day:joyous:.

w2much

Lieutenant
I believe you can find them or a link to the shift rod heights right here in the forums. I needed my height in the past and found it on an old post or link.
Try the search feature above.

Ryan.schwall

Cadet
My bad, model number is E150STLCCA, I also checked other threads and could not find anything posted for my motor or one clos to it

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I looked forever on old posts for my inline aevinrude. Had to finially ask. I couldnt find a sticky, on a site in a decent amount of time and I actually can't find it in the selhoc manual.

Good to know about Crowleys for info

Ryan.schwall

Cadet
Thank you guys for all the help, one last question as per the measurements given above, how do I tell if it's a cross flow or a looper? Pretty new to boat motors

Ryan.schwall

Cadet
Jakedaawg, I think you're right based on the research I've done. Shows 175 was the smallest looper. Guess I'll have to pull a plug this evening and hope I can see a piston clearly to verify.

Ryan.schwall

Cadet
Racerone, not sure. I don't know a whole lot about boat motors. Not even sure what the bypass covers look like to be honest. If it's shown as a cross flow then that's what I'll go with šŸ˜†

Ryan.schwall

Cadet
Thanks for the help gentlemen! Got lower back on this evening, will see if everything is right this weekend haha