No juice

Not really sure but last night I removed transom saver, lowered motor a little and backed in water. Went to turn key and everything was dead. Changed batteries. Still no. No dash lights, warning lights, anything. With ignition on, I jumped the starter posts and it started up. When u turn the key off the engine dies. Am I missing something dumb somewhere?

pckeen

Commander
Check that first, and if that doesn't work, check your terminals for corrosion. If that still doesn't work, check for a broken wire.

No corrosion. It was a fuse in the fuse panel next to the engine. Never had something like that happened. What would cause that though? It's not like I did anything different.

pckeen

Commander
Sudden power surge can do it. May be nothing, just the fuse doing its job. If it reoccurs soon, you may have a problem.

Back to problem again. It seems to blow a fuse every time I turn the ignition. It's a 2003 ficht 115. The only thing I did recently was I took the side control box apart. Any ideas? All connections seem good( no corrosion). The only other thing I did to the motor recently was plugs and impellar. Other then that it ran like a top.

Chrisravosa36

Chief Petty Officer
Had a simular problem with my 88 rude 140, It would eat up fuses, the issue might be a bad connection or touching terminals in the key switch, I had two termals that just barley touched, I unscrewed them from the key switch than pulled them apart, that did the trick for me,

Good luck.