What is this hose for 97 evinrude 150

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Where does it come from? The engine cowl? Take cover off engine, gently tug on hose and see if you can trace it back

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Looks like some aftermarket dreamer added it, no need for a tube down to there, trace it back as Jim says. Good Bloodhound gang Karaoke by the way, dont see many duets

daselbee

Commander
It is a hose that runs from the speedometer pickup that is located on the front of the lower unit. Should be a plastic 90* fitting. The hose is routed like your video shows, and from that open end, from there it goes to the helm and to a speedo gauge.

Odawg753

Seaman
After looking more there seems to be 2 the other was facing down in the cowling. It traced back to the rail on intake manifold behind carbs. Parallel to the fuel rail

Odawg753

Seaman
I still don't know where they connect, I was told one side goes to air box and the other goes to crank case. The only spot on air box has a hose going to the crank case which I thought was so the excess gas would leak out when trimmed up. Maybe previous owner added that hose n just didn't bother with balance lines? Anymore input would be great, I have the manual in the mail.

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
The starboard hose goes to the lower main bearing vent on the crank case. I didn't pull my airbox off to see exactly where it is but it's down between the 2 lower carbs if I remember right.
The port hose goes to the airbox, if you look at the backside of the box on the lower left you will find a hose nipple that the hose connects to.

Odawg753

Seaman
The starboard hose goes to the lower main bearing vent on the crank case. I didn't pull my airbox off to see exactly where it is but it's down between the 2 lower carbs if I remember right.
The port hose goes to the airbox, if you look at the backside of the box on the lower left you will find a hose nipple that the hose connects to.
Hey thanks, old owner must have been confused too n just put hose from air box to crankcase