Johnson 1977 115 hp no spark 1 and 3 cylinder

brickster

Seaman
No spark on 1 and 3, good spark on 2 and 4. Changed all plugs, changed 1 and 3 coils, changed power pack, changed timer base and sensors, did not change stator. Tried to start again with same results, no spark on 1 and 3. Does anybody have any ideas on what my problem may be? Thank you.

brickster

Seaman
Would have replaced the stator but ran out of energy. Seems like a bad stator would give you no spark in any cylinder and it appeared to be in good condition, no cracks.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
If I remember right, that stator has two different circuits in it and one could be bad. May be wrong.

brickster

Seaman
It's worth trying a different stator and if it doesn't work I'll concentrate on the sensor coils once again

brickster

Seaman
Changed the stator today and still no spark on 1 and 3. Swtched sensor leads in the power pack, now have spark on 1 and 3 and nothing on 2 and 4. I guess the second timer base I put in was also bad, it was not new. Still have 2 more timer bases with sensors, guess i'll try them tomorrow, or if you have any other suggestions, is it possible the terminal block may be bad?

interalian

Commander
Could be cracked wiring on the timer base. Make sure you torque the flywheel nut properly before running it.