200 Hp Evinrude Power Issue

I have a 1999 200 HP Evinrude Model # E200FPXEEN. The motor has great compression over all cylinders ranging from 142-145. The ECU is Operational with no alarms or codes and was just recently updated with DFI. The problem that was occurring before was the engine would not fire all the time come to find out that the spark plug wire was bad so went ahead and replaced all the wires, coil posts, ad new spark plugs. This fixed the issue or the engine firing properly. after this fixed the all issues, the motor went back to running fine for a couple days. On the 3rd day took the boat out on the water and tried to go to WOT and the engine bogged down and wouldn't get up on plane. we I first bought the boat the fuel pump needed to be cleaned out and also rebuilt. After It was fixed the boat ran fine until the issue with the spark plugs which after fixed this problem started up. When the fuel pump was rebuilt the mechanic recommended replacing the fuel pump since it was a little weak. A new fuel pump is going to cost me $700.00 and wondering If this can be the issue as the only other thing I'm think could be is the fuel injectors which was told by the dealership were nice clean and functional. any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: