1990 Johnson 15hp no fuel pump

Danwood93

Recruit
Running out of fuel at high throttle, went to check fuel pump and somebody took it off and just ran the hose into the spout where fuel pump is suppose to go, I have never heard heard of this, is there a reason someone would do this? If so please enlighten me

racerone

Supreme Mariner
What model ?------And are you sure the pump is not on the other side !

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
You may need to post a pic so people can see what you're describing.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
?------Some of these later models used a different pump relocated to the port side.-----------Model # is required here. -------Or pictures of both sides of the block.

Danwood93

Recruit
It's not letting me upload pic I'll keep trying, the model number is J15EESR, there are two mounting bolt holes for the pump and a spout in the middle where the pump goes but just a fuel hose is running into the spout where the pump should be.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Is there a pump on the other side , yes or no ?-----Electric start models used a different pump !

Danwood93

Recruit
OK yes sorry guys there is a pump on the other side still don't know what goes here though maybe a vro pump use to be here? I'm new to these boat motors lol still.trying to get pics uploaded

racerone

Supreme Mariner
NOPE---------No VRO poump.----------Just a different pump on electric start .-------That hose goes to the other pump location and is the pulse hose !

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Additionally, later pumps on the '90 9.9 and 15 electrics went to a threaded fitting for the carb outlet. If yours has the older molded fitting, maybe there was a leak the PO was unable to fix.

raczekp1

Lieutenant
just go folow the hose which is coming from block. hose shoud go to fuel pump at the oposite side of the motor