1996 Johnson 50 Transom Mounting Bracket

I have a 1996 Johnson 50HP 2 stroke on my 16' Carolina Skiff. I am having a lot of issues with the tilt and trim on it. I only ever use the tilt and trim to raise the motor out of the way when towing the boat. I have been searching everywhere but i can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I want to replace the tilt and trim with a simple mounting bracket that i can just lift the motor by hand and flip the latch to hold it up. I have a mount like that on my other boat for my 1964 evinrude. i lift that like its nothing when towing the boat so i can't imagine a 50HP motor would be a problem with the same bracket. Does anyone know where i can get a bracket like that?

Strangeleak

Seaman
I agree with boobie, but you didn't exactly say it was inoperative.

To answer your question though. There is a manual bypass screw(large flathead)on the rear facing part of the pump, near the bottom. Turn it counter clockwise and you should be able to lift the motor. If its still too difficult, drain all the hydraulic fluid out.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I believe bobs Marine makes.what you want. You can probably buy it right from this website in the store here

The whole thing is rusted up and it doesn't move much at all without help. Even then it gets stuck a lot and won't move at all. i took it in to a marina here here cape coral and they said it would have to be completely replaced. Then told me it would be $1800. the motor isn't worth that much