Johnson 88 spl trim noise (video included)

Ryand15

Recruit
When I trim my motor without hitting the cylinders they work fine no noise, but when I goes down far enough and hits the cylinders it starts making a grinding or crunching noise. I oiled the cylinders and added trim/tilt oil and still making the noise. What's your all diagnoses? Thanks.

https://youtu.be/d2P_hvff3N4

racerone

Supreme Mariner
What condition are those thrust pads where the rods ride.-----Bit of grease on them help ?

Ryand15

Recruit
They don't look terrible, I oiled them up pretty good. But that is where the sound, sounds like it's coming from.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The other scource for trim noise is from the bushings on pivot tube.-----Corrosion builds up to the point where the nylon bushings start jamming on the tube.-----Dis assembly / cleaning would be required.

Ryand15

Recruit
I just trimmed it down locking the motor up, while it was trimming down with the motor touching it was quite, no noise at all. So it seems like it's when the motor touches the cyclinders is the only time the noise is there.

D&D Fishing

Recruit
Did you ever get this resolved / I have DF140 2007 and after fixing leaking o'rings on the pump manifold, my trim pistons retract very slowly making a bumping sound