Remote steering to Tiller conversion

ChaseJ

Recruit
I am thinking about buying a 2000 90 hp Johnson ocean pro second hand but first I was hoping to do some research/ask does anybody know if I can convert this to tiller steering? I have seen a few older johnsons that were retrofitted with a big tiller etec handle. I need a big tiller bad to push my 21'72" southfork Tiller boat. Originally had a 90 yamaha tiller on it but ended up selling to help someone out now I'm back in the market for one. Thanks for the help and I've driven a 90 tiller before nothing to it please don't tell me how dumb it is to have a 90 tiller. Thank you for all your time and help

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
You can put a tiller on just about any motor, and 90Hp isn't that big, around here 200's are common.

Merc tillers are easy to find, OMC's are more difficult, but I found one for my 90 Evinrude for $100.00, it's easy to bolt on. Just keep checking eBay and calling dealers, they're out there. New they cost a little over a grand for many models.

ChaseJ

Recruit
Thanks do you know if the etec handles will fit? And 200 hp tiller that's awesome what area is that popular in? I'd like to see it