115 impeller

New to forum. Hoped I am posting in right place. Watched YouTube vids and kind of nervous about messing with my 115 ficht. Changing the impeller. It said something about loosening up a screw or bolt up top that holds the shaft in place at the top. Something like that. It's so packed in there. I don't seem to see it. A little guidance would be great. Go more little issues with it but I'll post them in another thread. Thx

F_R

Supreme Mariner
A generic answer: Follow the gearshift linkage (from the remote control cable onward). At some point, the action changes to an up and down movement. That would be the shift rod that needs to be disconnected. Study it and figure out what needs to be done to disconnect it.

That's a weird thing. Where's the model numbers? There's 2 little stickers but they tell the plug gaps and other little info. It looks like there used to be a sticker near the same spot. All it says is void..... like it was removed. The one sticker says "engine family" and the number is 3bcxm0105221. Not sure if that number helps.

Is there anywhere else? I can't get an image uploaded for some reason. I'm guessing maybe the model tag might have been removed.

So I got the lower unit off. Is there a glue I need to use when putting in the orings? YouTube vid said something about gasket maker for some parts and glue for others. Thoughts? Didn't want to use glue unless I'm really supposed to.

So I got it all back together. Seems like this thing is soooo hard to start for the first time. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or just not doing something. Ideas?
Also, kinda nervous that maybe I didn't get a perfect deal somewhere... whether it's the gasket or an oring. How would I know?