1987 evinrude 30hp changing heat sensor

Jarrmcn

Recruit
I fried my heat sensor when I put on my jet pump and didn't have the water line connected properly is the heat sensor hard to replace any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Compression test done on it ?--------You just need to remove cover in the cylinder head I believe.-----Need a new gasket too.

Jarrmcn

Recruit
Not worried about compreshon. But is it worth. Taking the head off vs disabling the alarm and keeping an eye on it. If I do change heat sensor iv had trouble finding what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? I'm a decent mechanic but am new to boat motors

Jarrmcn

Recruit
I guess I should check compression than go from there. Didn't run run it hard. **** it down once alarm went off but didn't know if it was worth the trouble replacing the sensor. I guess dumb question. Why should I be worried about compression can you explain. Any help is appreciated. I'm new to boat motord

boobie

Supreme Mariner
It is your motor so you can do anything you want with it so why ask questions on here ???? The gasket you need is 327674 and the sensor is 386686. Get at any BRP dealer or maybe on this site.

Last edited: