Evinrude 25HP 1985

michante

Cadet
Hello,
I bought an Evinrude 25HP Outboard.
The Modelnumber is: BE25BFCOS
Because of the number i think it is a derated 30hp outboard.
My problem is now, that i dont find lists of parts of the motor i found only lists of 25R or 30R for example.
Does someone have a list of parts and eventually an explosive drawing for my model?
Im not sure that all installed parts are original.
Sorry for my bad english ;)

Thanks for your help
Michel

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer
you have a 1985 Evinrude 25 HP, model 25BFCO.

Ignore the letters before the horsepower designation and after the model number, specifically the "S".

Last edited by a moderator:

michante

Cadet
Hi,
so i have tried to check some partnumbers. But i can?t find them in the lists
carburetor: the first could be a "0" or "J" 330098
exhaut cover: 326713
head cover: 327673
on the block i found a label with: B29425

Hopefully someone can help me
Michel

Last edited by a moderator:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The " casting " numbers that you see may not be the same as the actual part number for that item.--What is the issue if any with this motor ?

michante

Cadet
The compression is on one cylinder low, only 4 Bar. Further when i turn the motor via hand, i hear a metallic clacking, all 3-4 turns

racerone

Supreme Mariner
That translates to 60 PSI on that cylinder,------Remove the cylinder head and do an inspection.---This sounds expensive to me.----Have seen a few where ignition components under the flywheel were loose.----Parts hitting the flywheel made noises.

Last edited:

michante

Cadet
Hi,
well this is my next step before i repair something. when something were loose under the flywheel, can it block the motor? because i feel a small resistance before it is clacking

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Picked one of these motors up at a dealer as a parts motor.----Flywheel would not turn.-----At home a quick inspection tells me it is something loose / broken under the flywheel....Does not matter what is wrong as I haves boxes full of parts to make it a good runner for the cost of some gaskets !!