1973 Evinrude 115hp

bstump

Cadet
Model#115393M. This motor is attached to a questionable 17ft Crestliner Apollo from 1972. Owner says motor needs a starter and it will go. The whole boat, trailer and motor are $400. I cannot tell if the boat is fixable with a bit of rot in the floor... but would the motor, trailer, fish finder and gas tank be worth the money even if I had to junk the boat itself?

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
The motor has little value at the moment, not running it's worth its weight in mixed scrap metal. Even running it's not worth much.

The boat has no value, neither do the eletronics and fuel tank, the value is a negative.

Trailer maybe, but typically they need several hundred dollars invested to even pull it off the lot.

As it sits you should be paid to haul it away.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
1973 V-4 models were unique.----Engine internal parts from 72 do not fit on them.---Internal engine parts from 74 do not fit either.

bstump

Cadet
Thanks guys. Sounds as if this is either an opportunity to break even or most likely loose money if the boat is trash and I had to scrap/sell the components

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
If the lower unit on the engine is good, it could be worth a few hundred $, maybe more.

Last edited:

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Yes if its not much rot id go for it. I just epoxy those up after grinding out the weak stuff, only costs a couple of dozen beers equivalent