'96 48 Johnson SPL kill switch clip placement

captjwteal

Recruit
OK searching the inter web no luck as to an actual demo or answer, most searches lead to iBoats so here I am with my first post. Bought a '96 SeaArk McBass from a widow, her husband recently passed boat looks like it was used and fairly well maintained although the wiring lacked a lot to be desired, all gauges removed and wires a mess under console but seem straight under the cowling. Boat came without safety kill lanyard, have one coming tomorrow. Tilt doesn't work but motor moves up and down easily enough, all grease points show regular maintenance as well. I'm getting the motor to turn over but have no spark to either cylinder so hoping it's just a kill switch deal thought I'd post a couple of pics and see if anyone notices something wrong with ignition switch. Thanks in advance for your input. Wanting to know if where I have the red arrow is where the kill switch clip should be placed?

OK I'm working on resizing the photos be right back

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Yes and no......the red arrow is where kill switch clips but this is a mechanical kill not a circuit kill set-up. The inside of switch is spring loaded so when clip is installed and key in run position, if clip was pulled it will turn the key to off. It will still run if clip missing so no spark is a different issue.

captjwteal

Recruit
Thanks for clearing that up and very understandable too Faztbullet. Now if it will ever quit raining around here I'll try and trouble shoot the ignition system best I can.

captjwteal

Recruit
Follow up bad power pack sh'e running like a champ now thanks again for the simple concise answer Faztbullet alway nice to get direct answer to your question. Now to get the boat fixed up, crappie season anyday now.