1988 Evinrude 140 Trim Gauge Setup

Chrisravosa36

Chief Petty Officer
Ive got a 88 140 and ive been putting gauges on her, ive got the rpm, speedo, water pressure and waiting on the temp. The trim gauge is giving me some issues. Ive looked up countless videos and havent seen one that will help me. Ive got the ignition, and the light setup to it, I cannot figure out where the sender wire goes onto the motor, ive tried a few spots and its giving me weird readings on the gauge, not accurate at all. Looking for some help. Im asking where does the sender wire from the gauge hookup to the motor?

Thanks!

interalian

Commander
Sender is on the transom bracket above the trim motor. Follow the cable from it.

interalian

Commander
On mine the wire goes from the sender to the junction box. The wires to the gauge connect to it there.

Chrisravosa36

Chief Petty Officer
On mine the wire goes from the sender to the junction box. The wires to the gauge connect to it there.

Ive been trying to find a diagram, but cant seem to find one....Do you happen to know of one or what wire it uses?

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
First question is, do you have a trim sender mounted to the transom of your engine? You should look at the factory explosed parts diagram as found on the factory website: epc.brp.com. Once you get into your exact parts list for your year/model engine, check out the Midsection page, and item 84

Chrisravosa36

Chief Petty Officer
First question is, do you have a trim sender mounted to the transom of your engine? You should look at the factory explosed parts diagram as found on the factory website: epc.brp.com. Once you get into your exact parts list for your year/model engine, check out the Midsection page, and item 84

I acutally just replaced this sender unit, the old one wiring was broken right at the end going into the "gel" or glue looking substance, no way to recover it.