Evinrude 235hp lose power warm??

MJM250

Recruit
Hello,
Im new here, so first of all hi there!
Second I have a problem and maybe you could help me. Some mechanics checked but couldn't tell whats wrong.
So, I have an Evinrude 235hp ~1983 (E235TRLCNE). When its cold its all good its smooth and strong and fast, but just for the first 15 min. When it gets warm it lose power. Some of the cylinders cuts off, can smell petrol. Doesn't rev more than 1500rpm, If I try go more, it dies. Then starts easy again, but still doesn't rev - no power. On neutral it works ok, does rev, but in gear other talk...
So far: fuel tank cleaned, new fuel filter and water separator. So no water in fuel. (also it wouldn't explain why it happens just when engine is warm).
Carbs were dismantled and cleaned - looks ok. Fuelfilters checked - looks ok. New spark plugs. Mechanic checked and said that coils are ok too. Compression is good.
Maybe some one could help? Dont know what to check else, how to check? Or what to change...

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Sounds more like a power pack..but it could involve other electrical components.

They can't really check coils unless they're hot and under load.

What it does in neutral means nothing, it can sound good and rev high even when running on only three cylinders, plus there's no load on it.

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I vote coils. They may have tested them cold. Next time it acts up do the cylinder test to find witch ones are cutting out and also check for spark

clanton

Rear Admiral
Check the stator charge coil output, and the magnets on the flywheel. Compression is good?? What are the numbers?

MJM250

Recruit
Compression all cyl ~100+ all ~equal. I was thinking about magneto too. Will check the spark when its acting up... Never did that before, coz when its start acting I start cursing hehe

Fed

Commander
15 Minutes sounds like a long time to warm up but oh well.

Make sure your primer solenoid valve is in the correct position & NOT leaking and sending a gut full of fuel into the motor.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Fuel pump failing or primer leaking? Primer lever in the proper position? Is the engine overheating?