150 Johnson fuel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cork379

Cadet
Now that I think of it, after sitting for maybe a week, it takes 30 to 40 squeezes on the bulb to get it fully pumped up. I don't think it should take that much. I will replace the anti siphon valve and all hoses and see if that changes anything.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Post # 4 suggests a rest run with a portable tank.---Any results of that test ??

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Now that I think of it, after sitting for maybe a week, it takes 30 to 40 squeezes on the bulb to get it fully pumped up. I don't think it should take that much. I will replace the anti siphon valve and all hoses and see if that changes anything.

Why throw parts at it? There are diagnostics that will zero you in to the root cause. Most of them are free or cheap!
Read Posts 22 and 4.

What were the symptoms that prompted you to replace the VRO?

cork379

Cadet
I took the boat out and it would not stay running I had to continually squeeze the ball to keep it running.Once the VRO pump was replaced I had no problems.

w2much

Lieutenant
Just to clarify. It is now fixed ? It was the VRO? The one you replaced last year ?

Fed

Commander
Interesting result because what happened doesn't make sense unless...

You were pumping the oil primer bulb and you missed the first comma in post #2 and answered 'constant' instead of the rapid fire of beeps caused by no oil pressure going through the vro.

Caused by possible air leak or restriction on the oil suction side of the vro?

I hate unsolved mysteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.