Fuel line routing from Carb 1990 30hp Johnson

SVB1965

Cadet
The picture attached shows my carb without a fuel line nipple on the front of the bowl assembly. However, my repair manual and the attached diagram show a nipple assy (items 23-25) instead of the "bolt" that is on my carb. I noticed this when I removed the carb to rebuild it. Does anyone have an idea of the fuel line origin that should attach to this nipple? I bought the nipple and associated parts and plan to re-install the carb this weekend. Prior to carb removal, the motor ran very rough and only for 30-60 seconds before dying. Thanks for your input. By the way the previous owner painted the carb the gold color and installed that spring instead of the plastic connector - not me!

Carb_front_view.jpg 2010-01-14_043438_89_30_carb.png

SVB1965

Cadet
Re: jasper60103 ...Delete as in an option that was not installed or as in remove post...

thanks - looking for clarification...

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Where's the feeder line from for the primer solenoid? I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the manual start models had the feeder line come from the bottom of the carb bowl. But, I think the electric start models needed it to come from the fuel pump as the pump pulse is what pushed fuel through the solenoid. The solenoid is simply a valve, not a pump. With no push behind it, nothing comes out the exit line to feed the prime circuit.

Also, there looks to be some sort of splice in the exit line. I'd replace that hose with a single piece from the solenoid to the carb nipple on top.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You have the electric primer so that special plug is not used.---.

jdb21867

Recruit
If it was not there b4 ---don't muddy the water --- or your mind-----the barb( duel carb setups)---------------------- verse bolt (single carb setup)

SVB1965

Cadet
Thanks for all the information. I rebuilt the carb, mounted it, and installed a new water pump kit and few extras and the motor is running like a champ. Bought the motor for $100 and have another $150 in it in parts and a service manual. I take that as an early Christmas present!