1997 evinrude 50hp electric to manual conversion

Denny1

Cadet
Can my e50tleuc model 50hp evinrude be converted from electric solenoid prime to manual prime? There is a part available it says for that model. Also on the fuel connection point at the motor what is that extra end piece that is plugged off. It sits directly under the fuel hook up at the motor on exterior of cowling. I was thinking that is where the manual pump would install to. Thanks for any help guys

Denny1

Cadet
No Title

That is the fitting I'm not sure what it's for. The right side..Left one is my fuel intake

Attachments

• photo255541.jpg
    photo255541.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 0

Denny1

Cadet
No Title

Is this what it's for?. On my motor there is no other spot the manual primer could be installed. Unless my moter is unable to have the manual primer installed

Attachments

• photo255542.jpg
    photo255542.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The manual primer gets the fuel feed from the carburetor bowl.--------You just need to find the part # for that special plug.------Can be found on commercial model like yours .----Also can be found on say a 2 cylinder 30 hp manual start model.

Denny1

Cadet
Ok. Not sure tho where a manual primer could be installed. There appears to be no fitting or hole for a manual pump to fit through on the front of the motor. Any ideas or must I stay with the electric. The part in the pic I put up is the manual primer for my motor which I wish would work. Thanks guys

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Very easy to install a manual primer.-----You just need to drill a hole on the front panel.-----On the other hand the electric primer was used on many models for over 25 years , 9.9 hp to 300 hp.-----If you can not find a cheap used one you have not looked I would say.!!