1955 15hp evinrude exhaust cover gasket nowhere to be found!

bimmernj

Cadet
I can find the power head gasket but exhaust cover gasket there was 2 that needed to be replaced badly no where to he sold any help would be great! Great engine going to show it some love but parts are a pain to source !

boobie

Supreme Mariner
If push gets to shove get some gasket material and a small ball peen hammer and make some.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
A popular marine parts supplier that I can't name has six of them in stock. $10 each. For that money, I'd be making my own. One of those leather punches with various hole sizes on a little wheel is a big help.

bimmernj

Cadet
You should help other people on the forums not keep it secret! Were a community not rebels! I mean say the supplier would be a great help to me!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
??---It is the website that has the problem with the competition.-----Marineengine.com------

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I knew that, and that's why I didn't try to post it. They are an iboats competitor, and I suppose they are justified in doing so. It wouldn't be nice to go in a fine restaurant and tell the customers to go to the restaurant across the street. Besides, iboats gives us this free website. I appreciate that.

Most of us old-timers know who it is anyway.

AlTn

Commander
you may have to search using 0203257..1955 15 hp. johnson outboard motor exhaust gaskets