Little help over here please for the newguy?

ssmotors

Recruit
Thanks for entertaining my question first of all, as I jump in with boat feet and try my best to ask this question in a manner that makes sense. Im up to my elbows in a rebuild, or should I say "an attempt to get this motor to run". project is a Johnson SeaHorse3, with a stamp of JW14. What Ive done is removed the tank, flywheel, armature plate. Just finished installing my coils , points condenser. Starting re-assemble. Yes I took pictures before I started so that I could avoid doing what Im doing now, but well..Ide like to say my dog ate the film but yall wouldnt buy it so lets just say the pics arent readily available, would one of you fine gentlemen have a link or possibly even a diagram of the reverse order of parts install beginning with the two rings under the armature plate, including spark plug wire routing? My first attempt left me with one sparkplug wire fairly short, and I also am looking at a situation where as I move the armature plate handle horizontally,(back and forth) the whole assembly, spark plug wires included, move with the armature plate? Does that make any kind of sense to anyone? Did I miss a mayor turn somewhere? Thanks for taking a few minutes to iron this out.

RCO

Petty Officer 1st Class
The whole assembly is supposed to move, that is what controls timing advance/throttle. The front coil goes to the top cylinder. Just google "OMC universal magneto" for pictures. They are all essentially the same from the early 50's onward.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
There are a number of videos on You Tube. cajuncookone has several good ones there.