Marital Harmony Disrupted, Need Your Advice

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I wish my wife would tell me when I was wrong......usually all I get is an eye roll. I mean what's that supposed to mean, lol. Encrypted messages men can't decipher!!!

suzyque

Cadet
Baylinerchuck, haven't you heard that old saying, "Behind every successful man is a wife...rolling her eyes..."

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Its almost like starting a riding lawn mower.. You pull the choke out, turn the key, it will start with a powerful VROOOMMM.. then you either push the choke button back in, or if it dies, push it in and restart it. --- That may be a good example to toss at him.

alldodge

Staff member
I get the DAHS Discerning Head Shake , Head is tilted to one side and a back n forth movement of NO, some times followed with a shy and then turn and walk away

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
s
You guys are great! You make me laugh. However, I'm not kidding when I say I really CANNOT tell him anything about this motor. I am going to print out this thread and show it to him. If he doesn't listen, maybe it will be time for his n' hers boats! I'll keep you posted on my progress. Fingers crossed.

Sound like you keep it in the water? If not, and on a trailer the easy thing to do is to just have him back you in, you start and pull off the trailer while he parks. otherwise the printing of the thread yes.

A choke is meant to be used when it needs to be used and honestly cranking as long as you say he is doing is about the worst thing for a starter and a battery. 5 seconds it should at least kick over, rest and try again a time or two. Short starts and rest are good for a starter and a battery.

Good luck and make sure you get the boat in the divorce....
:D

alldodge

Staff member
Good luck and make sure you get the boat in the divorce....

From the sounds of it she has the best interest of her hubby and the marriage in the forefront. She will let him have his way forever to keep the peace. I'm thinking the boat is not in the mix, only the stress brought about by the issue of starting it. He is a very lucky man

suzyque

Cadet
More laughter. Thank you, guys! I especially like the owner's manual suggestion. But then, what guy ever reads instructions? That REALLY made me laugh!

ronward

Petty Officer 1st Class
hey suzyque I have a suggestion, hopefully you are still following your post. Go on eBaY and buy an "original" owner's manual for that motor and give it to him as a gift. Not to prove him wrong, just simply "because I thought you might like to have the actual book that goes with your motor, honey." He will like the idea of having it and he will eventually get bored and decide to skim through it. When he gets to the starting procedure the light bulb will light up. He will have taught himself how to start it and may or may not ever say that you were right all along. If he's worth keeping around then you may never have to hear that you were right. But it'll be more peaceful AND you get the quiet satisfaction of knowing you made a man learn...no small feat there!!! Good luck

Sirrobin53

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, we're men. Who needs an manual? I just search Iboats; -)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mas

Lieutenant Commander
Just check the boat's storage box...the manual is in there under an oily rag!

Mas