Converting fuel mixed at 16:1 to 50:1 And Other Brain Teasers ;)

interalian

Commander
I have a couple of gallons of fresh gas mixed at 16:1 and want to dilute it to 50:1 to run in another machine. Anybody know a quick way without hurting my head with math?

tpenfield

Staff member
Why do we always have to do the math . . . :noidea:

Add 2.125 gallons of gas for every gallon of 16:1 and you will dilute it to 50:1

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
We get to do the math because our schools have failed our students. My nephew is a metal fabricator and periodically has visits by high school students. A visiting high school senior did not know how to use a ruler. But I'll bet he was up to speed on all the politically correct stuff. It is shameful how and what our kids are being taught.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I would love to comment but i'd be banned. You wouldn't believe the young "mellinial" morons or whatever they are that I tried to hire this year!! All gone now, I am doing the last 40 or so boats myself. Lazy, non-thinking weirdos. I had to teach one how to tie a darn knot to shrink wrap, he wore velcro shoes obviously.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
But i digress...2 gallons of 16:1 would have gonebright into the chainsaw or the truck...to heck with the catalytic converter, all my O2 sensor lights are allready on. And then I would have mixedd some 2 % and been done with it because like the "melinials" I can't spell, type, do math,bor tie a knot! Haha. Just joking around.

interalian

Commander
Why do we always have to do the math . . . :noidea:

Add 2.125 gallons of gas for every gallon of 16:1 and you will dilute it to 50:1

Because you're a saint and I'm a 'lazy non-thinking wierdo', despite my advanced years (going on 53 if you must know). Thanks a bunch!

And don't get me started about what they're teaching in school. I have a 14 yo son going through grade 9 right now. He's lucky I'm around to teach him some common sense. Sadly too, appreciation for good sound is lost on the new generation - they think if it isn't 'Beatz' by Dr. Dreadful it's no good.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I would love to comment but i'd be banned. You wouldn't believe the young "mellinial" morons or whatever they are that I tried to hire this year!! All gone now, I am doing the last 40 or so boats myself. Lazy, non-thinking weirdos. I had to teach one how to tie a darn knot to shrink wrap, he wore velcro shoes obviously.

As the boss that is your fault for not figuring out how to put their work on their smartphone LOL. That is the only thing kids know how to use or operate these days.

interalian

Commander
Don't have a Lawnboy - it's a Murray snow blower. And the oil in the 16:1 is for hot motors, not TCW-3. Anyway, I already burned all 10 liters of my leftover 50:1 in my cars - most went in the wife's X5, the rest in my 535. A few liters of mixed gas on top of nearly full tanks will be OK.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
16:1(6%) is 3 times the amount of oil as 48:1(2%). So for 1 liter of 16:1 add 2 liters gas and the result is basically 50:1

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
An old wood fired train is heading east on the Canadian /US border at 45 mph. The wind is blowing from the West at 30 mph. The train derails going around a 60 degree decreasing radius turn. Where do they bury the survivors?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
An old wood fired train is heading east on the Canadian /US border at 45 mph. The wind is blowing from the West at 30 mph. The train derails going around a 60 degree decreasing radius turn. Where do they bury the survivors?

Sometimes you are really funny.... Then there is now...

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
If an electric train is going north at 50 mph and the wind is blowing south at 50 MPH which way does the smoke go?
(And by the way folks -- the word is PROBABLY -- not "prolly". Just another petty annoyance for this old duffer!) . Are we off the rails yet?

interalian

Commander
A rooster is standing on the top ridge of the barn roof. The barn ridge runs north and south. The sun is just above the horizon but all is quiet. The wind is 12mph from the west. Which way does the egg roll off the roof, east or west?

NOW we're off the rails.

tpenfield

Staff member
Three men are buried in the sand all facing forwards with their heads above ground. Each man has a hat placed on his head selected from a bag containing 3 red hats, and 2 black hats. The men cannot turn around to see the men behind them.

The man at the back is asked what hat he is wearing and told not to guess. He replies 'I do not know'. The middle man is asked what hat he is wearing and also told not to guess. He too replies 'I do not know'. The man at the front is then asked what hat he is wearing and likewise told not to guess. He replies 'I am wearing a red hat'.

How did he know? :noidea: