Does my 1986 Johnson 110 have a fuel pump diaphragm?

healey8390

Petty Officer 1st Class
Model J110TLCDF. Originally VRO but it did not have the pump when I bought it. It runs good, I just want to put a new one in since I don't know when it was last done. I can't find a listing though. Any ideas?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Just look it up for an 88 hp model V-4.---- Any model year for an 88 hp--------Did not come with a VRO pump just a plain pump.----------And you can buy just a pump diaphragm if you are on a budget.----These pumps are very reliable , so what is your motor doing / not doing that leads you to suspect a pump problem ?

healey8390

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank you, will do.

It runs good, just PM.. I've actually got the engine off the boat to do the steering/tilt tube and figured since I spent a few buck on those parts I might as well slap a new diaphragm on. I've had the engine two years, I don't know how long it sat prior to that. I bought it from a man who bought an old boat shop for the land and was selling the boats and stuff off. I guess I should have done it then. I did re-build the carbs before using it though...

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
The other option is to go back to the 125 hp V4 in 1972. That pump is nearly identical, but uses a pulse hose to drive it. Same as the VRO pump that the factory put on. The 88 has to be bolted to the block. Either will work just fine..