1992 Evinrude 175 HP intake hose location

Levydoo

Recruit
Working on a 1992 Evinrude 175 HP I am looking for the other end of an intake hose location starboard side. Behind the carburetor is a black plastic mount for the carbs or functions as part of the carb(s) on the port side a hose leaves this mount on the side of the engine port sides, runs dirrectly down to the base of the motor and then heads to the starboard side , the black piece that runs behind all the 3 carburators on each side of the engine, could be called a plenum, and the hose goes to the front of the motor base of the case and is pushed on to a nipple on the port side front at the base of the crankcase. I figure this hose senses vacuum and pressure in the crankcase and us used to equalize pressure and vacuum between all carbs. The other port side of the engine has this same set up but the far end of the hose, though it is long enough to reach the port side is broken at the end and I cannot figure out where it mounts to. Can someone show a diagram or a picture the same motor showing where this hose terminates. I tried to upload pictures but it wouldn't allow it. said wrong file type were jpg.s. Or maybe someone has hose diagrams for this they can share of not pictures. Thank you very much for any help people can offer. I hope I posted this in the best place. If not, I am open to suggestions. This is my first time posting. Thank you, Alan

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
I think your trying to describe the balance tubes,,, are they#39 in pic???
image_253592.png

Attachments

• convert.png
    convert.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 0

Levydoo

Recruit
Hi thank you very much for responding to my question. You were very close asking if I was refering to # 39. I am actually asking about the similar item on the other / opposite side of the motor, which is #23 and it's hose, I need to know where it's hose terminates. I know it begins pushed on to #23. I need to know where the other end of this hose off #23 goes. The hose off #23 is very much like ( hose #66 in the diagram, which comes off of #39), coming off of it in the same way as #39 does.. It is obvious to me that the hose off #23 is broken off from where it was once attached. Number #66 off of #39 is terminated just fine, but there is no obvious place where the hose #23 should terminate at. Anyhow, I hope my description is not too wordy or confusing. I'm doing my best to communicate as best as I am able. Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Levydoo

Recruit
I don't remember if I will receive an email when someone responds to my post. I hope that is possible. I'm fairly new to this sort of thing. Thank you.

Levydoo

Recruit
HI Faztbullet, Thank you very much. It could have knocked me in the forehead. This was a private message, however, I think it would be nice to make the answer public to benefit some other people as well. Can you suggest how this could be done? I have to believe you know the etiquette better than I do.

I am from the USA, but I am living now in Costa Rica for the past more than 4 years. Life is slow and friendly here.

Thank you again for the answer. For laughs, I took the air box off. I don't remember if I disconnected the hose or it was off and I think it was off, because the end is well broken up. I should have known where it goes, being I may have disconnected the hose. The mystery solved of the hose off of part #23, is it connects to the air box, thanks to you.

I can move to the next step on straightening out the motor. The motor is nice and clean inside looking behind the reed valves seeing the pistons. The motor looks to not have many hours on it. It was purchased used recently after sitting for quite a while. It was running, but was difficult to start, needed to spray gas into the carbs to light it off every time it is cold; starts right up warm, but let it sit for 15 minutes and need to spray something into the carbs again to get it lit. I was running it on oil and fuel mix and not using the oil metering system. I only ran it for a total of maybe 10 minutes to test. When running, gas was coming out of almost all the carbs, so I figured the reed valves were bad, but upon inspection on the port side the reed valves, they are perfect. I will inspect the other side, but all carbs were blowing gas back out the carbs at about the same rate, like it has a crankcase leak possibly, hope not. It was hitting on only one or two cylinders, spark was week in some cylinders, but possibly, because of the hose being off of the air box and the o-rings on part #23 were half in and half out and not sealing, this may account for the engine not firing correctly. Possibly the crankcase for those cylinders were not getting sufficient fuel flow due to the vacuum leaking in behind the carbs. I am hoping this turns out to be the problem and nothing more. The engine was weakest on this, the port side of the engine where part #23 mounts and through the hose that was off or and broken and sucking air. Isn't this system for balancing the engine's two hemispheres? I have yet to check the needles and seats in the carbs. I changed the 6 spark plugs. I see jets clogged with 2 stroke oil. I need to clean these things and then run it to see what clears up and what remains. If you have any wisdom to contribute here I would be thankful.

Much thanks,

Al