1977 70 hp evinrude key switched hooked up wrong naad help!!

Hey guys,I have a few questions..I recently got a 1976 15 ft thundercraft Titan with a 1977 70hp evinrude,runs great with muffs on it ,I don't know much about boats in general but I am mechanical,...?1 is there some kind of warning buzzer that is sapose to sound when the switch in turned to the on position? Also leads to my next ?...the ignition switch is hooked up wrong!! The kill is in the choke...when I turn the key off it stays running,I have to turn the key back to run and push in on the key to shut the engine off,and I'm sure it's not choking it to stall out,the server for the choke don't move at all..can someone help me find the wiring diagram I have a older evinrude power pilot unit as well...thanks for your time

82rude

Rear Admiral
As for a buzzer when you first turn the key I would say no for that old a motor .On newer motors with system check yes.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
If we give it the benefit of doubt, and the overheat horn is blowing when the key is turned on, that would indicate the temperatur sensor or the wire going to it is shorted out. However it has been stated that the switch is wired wrong, so all bets are off.