Is fuel suppose to leak out airbox on VRO

acupajoe

Seaman
Recently rebuilt VRO2 due to engine starving. Found the gasket was torn. replaced fuel line etc. Accidentally put blue pulse in backwards but fixed that. Still is being starved of fuel. Took off pulse limiter hose from bottom of air box to feel for pulsating air from block... there was. Noticed fuel leaking from hose and bottom of air box. Primed the bulb and more fuel came out from air box.Is that normal?? BTW compression on cylinders are low at around 80lbs each. Thanks so much as i am frustrated beyond belief!

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
+1 on the carb rebuild. What is your motor I hope it's a V6 with those compression #s. What pulse limiter hose is coming off the airbox that should be a re-claim hose nothing to do with the fuel pump,.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
The line from the pulse limiter goes to the air motor portin of the vro. Not to the silencer

How did you get the pulse limiter in backwards and how did.you repair?? One side is threaded 1/8npt

acupajoe

Seaman
Thanx for responses!!!! I rebuilt carbs last year but with the pump not working right im sure way too much oil was going thru system (was smoking like a son of a) so it prob needs a build even tho i ran a ton of seafoam thru it. The pulse limiter was in-line and the blue side was facing the motor not pump. So the line from limiter to bottom of pump (i called it the air box sorry if incorrect). Fuel was dripping from the bottom nipple where in pulse limiter hose attaches. and yes a 6 cyclinder - which the compressions are low i think and thats a whole other issue.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Leaking fuel should.not be able to come out of the air motor nipple. Most likely bad vro. A fuel restictuon is another cause of over oiling.

acupajoe

Seaman
OK took carbs apart and found the needle clip that goes on float hinge missing so needle was stuck. Something so sinking small.... crazy! have no clue where it went?? thanks again... putting carbs together tmrw..soaking in seafoam tonight.

Fed

Commander
If you pump the primer bulb & gas comes out of the VRO pulse fitting then I'd suspect the VRO diaphragm is leaking.