1975 Evinrude Tilt/Trim Schematic Needed

Rugerman

Cadet
Hi Everyone,<br /><br /> I have a problem with my 1975 Evinrude power Tilt/Trim that goes with my 70573 70HP motor. When I raise the motor "up", it will go back down on its own. I am hoping it just needs the manual release valve cleaned and a new gasket. However, I understand the problem may also be a bad gasket in one or both cylinders in the tilt. The service manual and parts catalog I have for this motor does not have anything in regards to repairing or parts numbers for this tilt/trim. Does anyone out there have a schematic and/or parts diagram they could scan and send to me? I'd hate to attempt this blindly. Thanks for your help.<br /><br />John

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1975 Evinrude Tilt/Trim Schematic Needed

Welcome aboard John! Kinda partial to the Steelers myself..... :D <br /><br />Can you give us some kind of description to the TNT unit you have? Is there a gull wing like lift bracket mounted to the swivel bracket and long bracket mounted along the bottom of the transom mounts? Or is the whole unit mounted between the transom brackets? <br /><br />The TNT units didn't show up until 76' so the parts catalog for '75 don't show much.<br /><br />Thanks.

Rugerman

Cadet

OBJ, <br /><br /> Thank you for the very fast reply. My ignorance about tilt/trim is already showing. I am unsure how to answer your question, so I went and took pictures of the tilt/trim on my boat. Unfortunately, due to an AOL Java error I keep getting, I cannot post them to my AOL webpage. Would it be ok if I e-mailed you these pictures? Or better yet, is there a way I can post the pictures without a web address?<br /><br />John

Rugerman

Cadet

Hi again OBJ,<br /><br /> I managed to figure out a ftp site to post the pictures of the tilt/trim. For whatever reason, the pictures show up really large when you open them. Thanks for any help and if you need any better pictures, please let me know and I will take more and try to post them. <br /><br /> Evinrude Trim Tilt Pics <br /><br />They are pics labeled pic 1 - pic 5 on that site.

Xcusme

Commander

Rugerman,<br />Jump back to your FTP site and rename your pics to include the jpg file extension.....<br /><br />Example:<br /><br />Pic1.jpg<br />Pic2.jpg<br /><br />If your pics are too big (which yours are), folks that have dial-up will have a bit of a wait to load your pics. <br /><br />Here's a link to a free little utility that will resize your pics, then you can upload them back to your FTP site. BTW, the program is priced right...it's free<br /><br /><br /> Pic Resizer Program

Rugerman

Cadet

Xcusme,<br /><br /> Thanks for the picture resizer. Seems all is working much better now. For some unknown reason, pics 1 and 3 would not resize. When I renamed them to pic 6 and pic 7, they resized. <br /><br />Thanks again for your help,<br /><br />John

Xcusme

Commander

Rugerman,<br />Nice job on the resize, 700K pics , down to 30-40K is much better. I don't want to hijack your thread, but what camera are you using?? Nice pics.

Rugerman

Cadet

No problem on the thread hijack. Heck, you helped me get the pictures right. Nikon Coolpix 4300. Great camera, but eats batteries like my Dodge Truck eats gas.