1992 evinrude intruder carb leak

spanke79

Cadet
Yeah was curious if anyone has ever resurfaced the back side of a carb that mates to manifold i just rebuild all 6 carbs and new gaskets all the way around but now when i pump bulb gas leaks from behind two of the carbs and it looks like carb bodies are warped any help would be awesome

Jprevat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yeah was curious if anyone has ever resurfaced the back side of a carb that mates to manifold i just rebuild all 6 carbs and new gaskets all the way around but now when i pump bulb gas leaks from behind two of the carbs and it looks like carb bodies are warped any help would be awesome

Are they torqued to spec? Too much torque can cause this. I wouldn't try resurfacing.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
If fuel leaks from around the carbs when you pump the priming bulb the float needle valves in the affected carbs cannot be seating properly.

Did you not replace them as part of the carb rebuilding ?

Have you refitted the floats correctly

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Since the fuel enters the carb from the manifold on a 60 degree over torqueing the carbs can cause this along with rolled o-ring gasket. If needed yes you can sand the base lightly but not too much as need groove to hold o-ring in place.

spanke79

Cadet
Yes i replaced them with the rebuild guess i forgot to mention boat has been sitting for 5 years before i started all this