purchasing a manual on-line

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
I would like to buy a factory service manual for my 1984 90hp. I've searched and ended up in some weird trade sites that have endless pop ups and advertising.
Anyone have a name of a reputable on-line company? I don't mind a download at all as I can take the laptop to the garage :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
iboats carries hard copy factory manuals from Ken Cook, look in the store. The store may not carry his entire inventory.

If we don't have the manual you need, check his website.

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
Will do. I guess I will have to wait until it arrives in western Canada.

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
Nothing on iboats except for a seloc manual which had poor reviews. Tough to find that's for sure.

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
^^^ The link that you provided appears to be for a 1990 model. When I looked for a 1984 model 90hp, they list a service manual covering all models.2 hp through 235 hp. I have seen other people asking about this before and I think there was a couple of years. Around that time they only had these service manuals.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
See what the marineengine web site has. They usually want your model number to make sure you get the right book.

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
All hp and model numbers for 1984 appear to be in one manual. BRP part number 394607. This is just what I found.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
And those combined factory manuals are very well laid out and very good !

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
^^^ The link that you provided appears to be for a 1990 model. When I looked for a 1984 model 90hp, they list a service manual covering all models.2 hp through 235 hp. I have seen other people asking about this before and I think there was a couple of years. Around that time they only had these service manuals.

Some how I swapped the HP for the year. Dyslexia wins again. :doh:

The '84 manuals have all motors for the year. I have no idea how good they are.

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
Dang. I was hoping for just a regular service manual. That all inclusive book will be around $200 shipped to me in Canada.
Maybe I will browse fleabay. Going to cal the dealer today and see what they have lying around.

Keyboardman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Try DIY Repair manuals.com That's where I found the original factory service man for my 74 Johnson 50 for $30

geoffwga1

Petty Officer 1st Class
KenCooks web site is "www.outboardbooks.com he will have what you want as long as you have the correct Model# around $40 plus shipping.

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
KenCooks web site is "www.outboardbooks.com he will have what you want as long as you have the correct Model# around $40 plus shipping.

Like I already said if you go to the website you said.You will see that in 1984 along with some other years around that time, they have just one service manual covering 2hp to V-6. These manuals have over 700 pages and cost 125$ US plus shipping.

Last edited:

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
I got a Seloc manual on clearance from my Marina for a 4.3l and it seems like a nice manual. It is pretty clear and seems to be good quality. Wonder why it has bad reviews?