2006 115 struggling to get and keep running

KnackeredSailor

Recruit
Ok, so out of the gate I'm a novice at this but trying to learn. I have a 2006 Johnson 115. It sat idle for a year. Mechanic called it a problem child and got too busy to work on it. Now I'm trying to figure it out without blowing up what was a perfectly good engine.

VRO has been replaced, carbs have been cleaned thoroughly, new seal in vst. Plugs are awful wet after I get it to run. Can get it to idle with some coaxing, bulb will pump hard but won't stay that way once the engine drains out the file. There is still fuel in it, and I've replaced the lines and the bulb, and eliminated the water separator for now. Tank pressurized, can't find any other air leaks.

Black goo draining out from prop once it finally dies and sits for a couple of hours.

Thoughts anyone????

KnackeredSailor

Recruit
Update: the membrane in the fuel vapor assembly was somewhat stretched, and the gasket had a slight tear. Could this be causing the issue???

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Lets start with a compression test, open air gap spark test set to 7/16", fule sample into a clear container from the fuel line at the cowl connection.