98 evinrude ficht help

That1BoatingGuy

Recruit
First off. I'm new to the board and I appreciate any info that can help me out.

I have a 98 evinrude 90 ficht. Recently I have noticed the engine starting to spit and sputter really bad. Specifically 2 weekends ago. The motor before hand would every now and then, then would run great. I figured it was just the plugs and when I changed them, The old ones were fouled pretty bad. After replacing the plugs with new ones, It ran like a champ. Then last weekend on a poker run. She ran great for about 4 hours, then went to crap again. Pulled out of the water and she sat until yesterday.

As of today. I chsnged the plugs, launched her and she ran ok for about 45 minutes. Then started running really bad. I made it back home, put on the trailer and started messing again. Now i have bypassed the oil injection and went to mixed Gas. Changed the fuel filter, bypassed the fuel water separator I installed last year, changed the plugs, twice and have added injector cleaner to the fuel. After doing all this, I put the pontoon back in the water. Immediately after start up she started running like crap again.

I'm now lost and trying to figure this out before dragging it up to the local mechanic and dumping a lot of money out in a shop.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

That1BoatingGuy

Recruit
By the way. Everything i have done today, has come from Google searches that lead me to this site. Now I'm stuck.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
You have to have the right software and the cable to connect it. Check with a dlr as he would have these things.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
If its a ficht as you stated you cannot bypass the oil injection and run premix....it will blow up!!!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Running premix is a death sentence for that engine. The crankshaft and connecting rods get the oil they need to survive via the injection system as only air passes thru the crankcase. Oh well at least you don't have to worry about spending money on making it run anymore