1997 Evinrude 150 FICHT. No throtle in reverse after rigging to new boat. help

importfan82

Seaman Apprentice
Hello,

I purchased a 1995 Sundancer with no engine, i rigged a 1997 Evinrude 150 FICHT. I used the original controls but put in new shifter cables. I could not find instructions in the book for this particular type of control, the original motor was a 130 Johnson. I have attached pics. of the controls. I can engage forward gear and lots of room for throttle movement, no problem. Reverse seems to only engage the reverse gear but the cable bottoms out at the controls and does not let me engage the secondary motion which would allow me to control the throttle. Does anyone have to correct instructions on how to rig up the type of controls I have to this engine please? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• photo248741.jpg
    photo248741.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo248742.jpg
    photo248742.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo248744.jpg
    photo248744.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 1

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Maybe try putting the barrel boss in the rear slots? I dunno

Have you checked on the engine side to make sure you dont have the pin and jesus clip binding on something?

Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Sometime in october I will have one of these back in the shop and can take some pics for you. Unless it blows up sooner, it is a ficht lol.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Maybe try putting the barrel boss in the rear slots? I dunno

Have you checked on the engine side to make sure you dont have the pin and jesus clip binding on something?

I rigged up my 1997 175 fast strike and had this issue... I had several controls at the time and I purchased new cables and I installed the shifter in the wrong position and I had the throw of the shifter, but nothing was left for the throttle supply.....I changed the position and found the throw.... you have a push pull selection.....

some thought and a lot of looking at the unmounted control, going through its motions, led me to my solution!!!

importfan82

Seaman Apprentice
I moved the shift cable one hole down and that gave me just enough room to engage the reverse throttle! Thanks guys, that did the trick! This forum is absolutely invaluable!