Water cooled reg/rec 1993 115 hp Evinrude

Rick S

Recruit
Trying to troubleshoot a no charge. I started trying to see why tach wasn't working. From what I have found is that it is a pain to check the reg/rec,however what I have gleaned in my quest is that on the terminal strip where reg/rec is connected that there should be ign. voltage on purple wire. If yes where does this ign.voltage originate because I do not have voltage present with key on.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Purple wire power comes from the key. How is your tach wired do you have the harness from the controller or is it wired differently.The regulator is easy to check www.cdielectronics.com has the testing procedure. What is the problem with the tach if it's not working the gray wire provides the signal for it.

Rick S

Recruit
Thanks for your reply. I think that tomorrow if I supply voltage at the purple wire I may not have a problem, except finding where I have the lost voltage. Looks like someone has been into the controls,that's probably where the problem is. Tachometer is wired using gray wire for signal. Thanks again. I will let you know.

Rick S

Recruit
Thanks for answering flyingscott. Put ign. Voltage to terminal at purple wire, and is charging,tach working.