Leaking fuel Rail "O" Rings - 1995 Johnson 150

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaPaHa

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm putting my Johnson 150 back in operation after a 2 year break.:)​. I noticed the fuel rails were leaking gas when I pumped up the bulb so I removed one side to repair it and I cannot find the O rings that fit it anywhere (its the weekend). It looks to be about 5mm inside dia. x 3mm thick. Has anyone found these O rings without going to the boat dealer? The O ring is fat for it's size. I can find plenty rings that have the inside dia but they are just a regular thickness. The fuel feeds from a center mounted fuel pump to the two fuel rails (1 on each side of the engine) that feeds fuel to the throttle plate for each carb.

The carbs were rebuilt the year before I used it last so I'm going to see if they run ok before I do anything else. Also, what type of grease should I put on these O rings.

MaPaHa

Petty Officer 1st Class
These "O" rings are a special size. I got them from the dealer and that fixed the leak. I also had one carb that had a stuck needle and seat that was pouring gas out, so I rebuilt one carb. We took it out for an all weekend trip and it ran good. I was going to go to a bearing and drive store to match them up but the dealer got them for me. It takes 6 per side @ $8.00 list each but they helped me out on price. I've never paid $60.00 for 12 O rings before.

Saturn_Stomp

Recruit
I'm about to install these O-rings on a '94 Evinrude 150. I had the same question above, do these go on the fuel rail dry or do you use a certain type of grease, or maybe lube them with the Evinrude oil? Any other tips to replace these?

Thanks!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm about to install these O-rings on a '94 Evinrude 150. I had the same question above, do these go on the fuel rail dry or do you use a certain type of grease, or maybe lube them with the Evinrude oil? Any other tips to replace these?

Thanks!

Start a new thread. This one has over 3 years of inactivity.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.