older johnson 20 hp elcur - fuel line connector question

renovation

Recruit
where the fuel line hooks up to the motor . on the motor side is this connector made to be free spinning ? it seems to have very loose connection and last fall at the end of the season.! I was having a problem were we had to have to keep pumping the primer bulb . i have just replaced my fuel line this spring as the line would blacken my hand when i touch it. i found that the connector at the motor were it hooks up seem to spin loosely also that connector had a threaded place in the side were a bolt or set screw would of gone but there nothing in there . thought id ask before we put this pontoon in the water . im unable to see the gas line in the motor were this connector is attached .Ived been unable to fine a good diagram of the motors internal fuel line setup .

Last edited:

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
The fuel connection should not spin around where it comes out of the lower cowling..
It is missing a hold down or clip..
Should be an easy fix.
I will snap a picture of mine this evening so maybe we can figure out what is missing.

renovation

Recruit
great -to see how long this a take :(
We just wanted to send you a quick email to let you know that one or more items on your order are non-stocked, and will need to be ordered in from the manufacturer before the entire order can be completed. This typically takes around 3-5 business days, and then the whole order will be shipped out together via the shipping method chosen at checkout.

Should this be a problem, please email us back at support@