Generic Equivalent of Evinrude 0311589 Oil Screw Washer?

BillyBoating

Seaman
I have a 1968 6hp Evinrude outboard. The oil fill and vent screws use washer with part number 0311589.
Dies anyone know the dimensions of this part, or know if I can find an equivalent in an auto parts or hardware store?
I can order them, but (putting aside shipping is 10X the cost of the washers themselves), shipping is at least 3 days and I want them sooner. Local marine parts shop doesnt have them in stock.
They're just simple nylon washers. I have to believe they can be found elsewhere.
Thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner
You sure you didn't mix some numbers up? I get 0311598. Sierra number is 18-4248 (pkg of 5) I may be wrong, but I think Mercury uses it too. Check your local shop again.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Not the first time I was wrong. I don't see any inteerchange for that part to Mercury.

interalian

Commander
Or you could reu-use the ones that are in there. I only just replaced the ones on my '82 motor for the first time yesterday. The originals were just fine.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Or you could reu-use the ones that are in there. .
I have to admit I do that too.
One always stays in the hole and I don't disturb it.
The other always comes out with the screw and a don't disturb that one either

boobie

Supreme Mariner
They are only torqued to 84 inch pds so that's not to hard on them.

BillyBoating

Seaman
Thanks for the responses. Yes, I did mess up the part number. It is 0311598. I can't reuse them, as they are missing.
Anyone out there willing to measure inner and outer diameter and thickness?

Last edited: