1972 Evinrude Lark service bulliten for exhaust cover temp switch

jfl1960

Seaman
I am re-assembling my motor after complete tear-down over the winter, and remember reading that the exhaust cover temp switch (which is one of the items I replaced with a new unit lol) on this motor causes the choke to engage or disengage when it wasn't supposed to, I know there was a service bulletin from Evinrude to rewire the leads to prevent this but cannot find that info, searched several times using different search criteria but still nothing, the motor is a 1972 Evinrude Lark 50 HP with the electric shift lower end, if anyone has that info I would really appreciate them sending it along, thanks for any help you can provide.

OOPS my motor is actually a 1971 not a 1972 sorry, don't think that makes much difference though.

Last edited:

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

There are two wires coming from the choke solenoid. The modification connects BOTH of those two wires to the Purple/white stripe wire coming from the choke switch in the remote control. The thermal switch is no longer being used, but no need to remove it.

Attachments

• photo235030.jpg
    photo235030.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0

jfl1960

Seaman
Thanks knew it was something simple just couldn't find the schematic for that service bulletin, appreciate the assist.